Terms & Conditions for the Century City 10km Express and 5km Fun Run with Discovery Vitality – Race Entry Competition
1. The Promoter of this competition is The Century City Property Owners’ Association.
2. Please note that, in order to offer the competition, the Promoter must collect and use personal information of the participants for the purpose of conducting the competition in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act of 2020. By entering the competition, participants consent to the Promoters collecting and using their personal information solely for the purpose of offering the competition.
3. By entering this competition, you accept and agree to the following terms and conditions which will govern the competition. Furthermore, you verify that you are unaware of any reason legally prohibiting you from entering this competition and, if the competition requires the submission of photographs, artwork or images of people, or of anything else that requires consent or copyright, that you have the necessary consent and authority to do so, if required. Any entrant who contravenes these rules may be disqualified from the competition. The rules can only be modified by the Promoter in a written revision posted on any of the official competition communication methods used.
4. Only entries received via the following Webtickets link [https://bit.ly/49dEVsQ] will be accepted and no refunds to the race will be permitted after entry.
5. You may only enter this competition if you are residing in Cape Town for the duration of the competition, in order to collect the prize, as the prize may only be collected in store at Asics Canal Walk. The winner will be required to present a valid South African ID document, valid Passport or relevant Visa in order to accept the prize. It is the winner’s responsibility to collect the invitation from The Century City Property Owners’ Association Office, located at 1 Park Lane, Grand Central precinct, Century City and to book their appointment at the Asics Canal Walk store for consultation and shoe selection.
6. The competition will run until 23:59 on 26 February 2024. Late or incomplete entries will not be accepted. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission. Entries reflected on the Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
7. To enter the competition: Enter the Century City Express with Discovery Vitality 10km Walk/Run or the 5km fun run via [https://bit.ly/49dEVsQ]. Only one entry per person allowed. 10km Run/Walk entries are capped at 4000 runners/walkers and the
5km Fun Run entries are capped at 1000 runners.
8. There will be two winners, who will receive an invitation to the Asics store in Canal Walk for a running consultation and thereafter a selection from the Asics range ASICS GT-2000™ or GEL-CUMULUS™️ running shoes valued at up to R3100.
9. The draw will take place on Tuesday, 27 February 2024. The winners will be selected from all complete entries listed by date of draw. The Promoter will try to contact the winners, via Email/Phone, within seven days following the draw. If the winners cannot be contacted or do not respond to messages within that period of time, or choose to decline the prize, then their prize will be forfeited, and other winners will be drawn as soon as possible. The prize must be collected within 30 days of notification & acceptance, or the prize will be forfeited.
10. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
11. The prize is neither negotiable nor transferable, and may not be exchanged for cash.
12. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions not mentioned hereunder, but in accordance with relevant South African legislation or Asics offering. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if any original prize becomes unavailable for any unforeseen reason.
13. By entering this competition, the entrant consents that the Promoter may use names and images taken of the winner/s for publicity purposes, without any further remuneration being payable to the winner. The winner may decline to participate in any promotional activity by notifying the Promoter in writing. All promotional material will become the sole property of the Promoter.
15. This competition is not in any way affiliated to and/or endorsed by Facebook or Instagram.
16. You may not enter the competition if you are a director or employee of the CCPOA or Asics. You may not enter the competition if you do not consent to your personal information being collected and used by the Promoter for the purposes of conducting the
17. Participants in this competition hereby indemnify, release, and hold harmless the Promoters and their successors, employees, officers, and directors from and against any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, liability for harm, injury, or death, demands, expenses or any costs howsoever arising out of their participation in this competition or their use of the prizes, and/or any person with whom they share that prize.
18. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, modify or amend the competition at any time if deemed necessary in their own opinion or if circumstances arise outside of their control.