Bridge Park at Century City nears completion
Construction of the 18 000 square metre premier grade Bridge Park office development in the Bridgeways precinct of Century City is nearing completion.
Being developed at a cost of R425million in a joint venture between Growthpoint Properties Limited and Rabie Property Group, Bridge Park comprises two four storey “green” buildings. Construction of the first building, the 9900 square metre Bridge Park East is due for completion in June this year with Bridge Park West, comprising 8100 square metres of prime offices, scheduled for completion in July. The two buildings have a shared basement and podium.
Colin Anderson, a director of Rabie, said Bridge Park is ideally suited for corporates looking for office space of between 1600 square metres and 18 000 square metres and discussions with a number of large corporates are well advanced.
The project is being designed to Green Building Council of South Africa Green Star SA rating standards and has been registered with the Green Building Council of South Africa. The developers are aiming for accreditation in both the Design and As Built categories.
Bridgeways is being developed as part of “an all-green precinct” at Century City which is already home to among others, The Business Centre, Phillip Morris and Chevron – all of which have been accredited by the Green Building Council of South Africa.
Also under construction in the Bridgeways precinct on a neighbouring site and due for completion by end 2015, is the R1billion Century City Urban Square project destined to become the new commercial and hospitality hub of Century City. This comprises:
• A 900 seat Conference Centre with 12 meeting rooms and a business class lounge,
• A 125 bedroom hotel
• The Annex, 4500 square metres of offices to let over four floors above the conference centre with ground floor entrance.
• The Matrix, a mixed use building comprising ground floor retail/showrooms, three storeys of offices totalling 3000 square metres which are for sale and which will be bought to the market in April this year and 51 residential apartments set over a further three storeys.
• The Apex, an iconic eight storey building comprising 7900 square metres of offices over seven storeys of offices with ground floor restaurants, bistros and coffee shops spilling out onto the public square. This building is available for purchase or to let.
• A six floor structured parking building and a super basement parking garage providing a total of 1330 parking bays.
Anderson said Bridge Park and Century City Urban Square will both benefit from new infrastructure projects totalling more than R130million being undertaken including the construction of R45million of roads and canals in the Bridgeways precinct, an R18million upgrade of Sable Road, a further R2million upgrade of Bosmansdam Drive and the completion of a R35m MyCiTi trunk station – all measures aimed at significantly easing peak traffic congestion.